Re: Contrib modules documentation online

From: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Contrib modules documentation online
Date: 2007-08-29 20:30:25
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus wrote:

> Having the contrib stuff in the main docs would remove one of the largest barriers
> to people knowing about the contrib features.

Using PostgreSQL since Version 7.1.3 and reading this List since - I
dont't know exactly but my current archives start in 2003 which was the
last time I crashed my system - Albert's work is actually the first
piece of contrib documentation I ever read. I always knew about contrib
but as I haven't been missing any feature in the core distribution (well
- actually I've been missing PL/R until it came up - but as you know
it's not in contrib ;-) I never found time to dig into the contrib
directories and README's. Now that I did I'm pretty amazed about the
nice features I've never thought about.
> Further, you know we don't finish the docs until beta. Ever.

Whenever you want - but do it.

I also highly appreciate Albert's Idea/Work.

Regards,
Brar