Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date: 2007-08-29 19:14:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> To which I have answer now three times :):
>
> Although we do not have intention to immediately change our name, I will
> note that if the project changes its name, it increases the possibility
> that we may do so.

But what remains confusing in your answers is what you intend to change
your name to?
"MySQLSQL Inc."?
"Command Prompt SQL Inc."?

Doesn't it seem that if you wanted to change your name
to "Postgres Inc" it'd be better for you to do so with the
project still named "PostgreSQL" rather than if there's an
existing project named "Postgres"?