Re: PgAdmin 1.8.0 beta 3 bug: Open file in Query Tool

From: "Luiz K(dot) Matsumura" <luiz(at)planit(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgAdmin 1.8.0 beta 3 bug: Open file in Query Tool
Date: 2007-08-29 17:00:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hiroshi Saito wrote:

> Ah yes, Reading is generous a little. However, It is "Read and write"
> option....
> Do you desire a function which only writing limited? In the distant
> past, It had classified to the timing of reading and writing before.
> It is the evolved action now. Therefore, I think the method which
> cleared confusion by now.
> Although it may be necessary to still evolve.
>
> Regards,
> Hiroshi Saito

Hi Saito san,

IMHO, I think that a better approach is to PgAdmin respect the original
file format when saving a loaded file.
When the file is ANSI, no translations for characters (even when we have
possible Unicode encoded characters)
When the file is UTF8, load and save as UTF8
And put an option in the "Save as" window to select the file format to
save (ANSI or UTF8)
On the options windows we can have an option to default file format.

Regards,

Luiz K. Matsumura
Plan IT Tecnologia Informática Ltda.