Re: training as a means of advocacy?

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Scott Paine <Scott(dot)Paine(at)Newmont(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: training as a means of advocacy?
Date: 2007-08-23 21:44:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi Scott,

> However, I am finding training is even more difficult to find for
> PostgreSQL. My situation requires online courses or travel to a
> classroom for a short course; onsite training isn't cost effective for
> one person. Unless I want to go to Germany, all classes I can find
> assume the student already knows Linux and SQL and has experience with
> a similar program like Oracle, and is familiar with numerous acronyms.

We offer a "Implementing databases with PostgreSQL" course that requires
no knowledge of SQL, acronyms, or Linux. However, we haven't scheduled
it on our public calendar for quite some time, since we haven't had many
requests for the course (we schedule public courses based on our
perceived demand). However, based on your request I'll see if we can't
get it on our calendar - though it probably won't be until the 2008
calendar year. :-(

We love to drive adoption of PostgreSQL whenever possible.... :-)

--
Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group