Re: Problem compiling postgres sql --with-tcl

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <jacques(dot)talbot(at)muhc(dot)mcgill(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: Problem compiling postgres sql --with-tcl
Date: 2001-12-14 16:02:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom wrote:
> > Would a patch for src/pl/tcl/Makefile still be accepted for 7.2 ?
>
> If it's simple and low-risk, probably so. Please submit it anyway,
> so we'll have it on file even if the decision is to hold it till
> 7.3.

Unfortunately the issue is in both interfaces/libpgtcl and pl/tcl.
libpgtcl is not prepared for the tclConfig.sh stuff, thus it would be
more than a few lines.

Second I do not understand why the Makefile in pl/tcl is so complicated,
and not similar e.g. to the plpython one, so the first task should be to
simplify the Makefile to use Makefile.shlib, and not cook it's own soup.

Basically:
NAME=pltcl
OBJS=pltcl.o
SHLIB_LINK=$(TCL_LIB_SPEC) $(TCL_LIBS)
all: all-lib

Third unfortunately my daughter is sick and my wife asked me to come home,
so I won't be able to work on it till Monday :-(

Andreas