Re: V8 Beta 5 on AIX

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas DAZ SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, <pgsql-hackers(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: V8 Beta 5 on AIX
Date: 2004-12-07 16:30:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

>> However, one thing we can do is to try this in Makefile.aix:
>> # AIX needs threads for everything that uses libpq
>> LIBS += $(PTHREAD_LIBS)
>> That is going to enable thread libs for all linking including the
>> backend, but it might work.

> That is certainly wrong. The correct thing is to add PTHREAD_LIBS to
> all and only those links that include libpq. I suspect that the cc_r

You mean like attached patch ? That is safe and can be applied.
My machine has problems with two configure tests with --enable-thread-safety.

1. the snprintf long long int check that uses int64 as variable name which is
a typedef in sys/inttypes.h
2. whether strerror_r returns int check fails with a redefine of named function
from string.h

No idea how to fix those, but workaround is easy :-(

-lpthread can be removed from PTHREAD_LIBS, the lib is a compat symlink to
-lpthreads, I guess it does not hurt eighter.

Andreas

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_aix_pthreads.patch application/octet-stream 367 bytes