Re: V8 Beta 5 on AIX

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas DAZ SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: V8 Beta 5 on AIX
Date: 2004-12-07 09:31:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> OK, so does someone want to suggest why a library used to link libpq
> would also be needed to link binaries that use libpq? And with no cc_r
> it seems I have no idea how to get this working.

AIX does not pull in any libraries that a shared lib depends upon, not even libc.
You only specify those on the .so link line so the linker can check what
is unresolved.

If he does not have cc_r, then he eighter uses gcc or a newer compiler,
that does not need cc_r any more ???

I would generally use cc_r if it exists or gcc for the threaded build.
The performance difference between cc and cc_r should not be noticeable.

Andreas