Re: [DOCS] Version differences

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Version differences
Date: 2007-08-11 08:41:02
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Robert Treat a écrit :

>>> Honestly found the response that actually brings glee to peoples face
>>> is pointing them toward Andrea's feature matrix. Perhaps we ought to
>>> think about making that more official ?
>> +1
>
> I offered to db:ify this and put it inside our web framework for Stefan
> a while ago, but he wanted to hash out the format and the way to do it a
> bit more on the wiki first, but the plan was AFAIK to eventually do it.

heh the way i remember that discussion was more "so figure out a way to
put that in a proper database" ;-)

> The offer certainly still stands :) I can code it up (and it won't take
> very long once we decide how we want it), but we need several people to
> help fill it with content. I think one big thing to think about is how
> things are supposed to be sorted - right now, I don't think they're
> sorted at all in Stefans matrix :-) (well, they're sorted by "newest
> first" based on version number but within the versions they're not sorted)

no only sorted by major release and the rest of the sorting is mostly
determined by the sorting it had on the releasenotes for a given major
release or the order it appeared in the code (for -HEAD/8.3).
But if people really like it I will certainly help with filling it with
content.

Stefan