change name of redirect_stderr?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: change name of redirect_stderr?
Date: 2007-08-09 15:15:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Before I wrap up the CSVlog stuff, we need to decide whether or not to
change the name of the redirect_stderr setting, and if so to what. The
reason is that with CSVlogs it will no longer apply just to stderr (we
will require it to be on for CSVlogs, in fact).

I suggest "redirect_logs", although it's arguably too general as it
doesn't apply to syslog/eventlog. But maybe that doesn't matter, as we
can note it in the docs and the sample conf file.

thoughts?

cheers

andrew