ODBC driver adding extra characters to table names.

From: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC driver adding extra characters to table names.
Date: 2007-08-08 22:25:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

*REPOST* Just in case this got missed on the end of my last thread.

I'm still having the problem with a few of the tables in my database
reporting:

"The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object
public.billing_code'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its
name and the path name correctly"

When I attempt to link them in MS access.

It seems that any tables in my database that contain an underscore in
the table name are giving this problem. Can't see any settings in the
DSN that might fix this though.

for example, the psqlodbc_<pid>.log file has the following when I
attempt to link a table called billing_code:

select n.nspname, c.relname, a.attname, a.atttypid, t.typname, a.attnum,
a.attlen, a.atttypmod, a.attnotnull, c.relhasrules, c.relkind, c.oid,
d.adsrc from (((pg_catalog.pg_class c inner join pg_catalog.pg_namespace
n on n.oid = c.relnamespace and c.relname like 'billing\\_code' and
n.nspname like 'public') inner join pg_catalog.pg_attribute a on (not
a.attisdropped) and a.attnum > 0 and a.attrelid = c.oid) inner join
pg_catalog.pg_type t on t.oid = a.atttypid) left outer join pg_attrdef d
on a.atthasdef and d.adrelid = a.attrelid and d.adnum = a.attnum order
by n.nspname, c.relname, attnum'

Note the 'billing\\_code' in there.

If I run this query in psql I get no rows. If I change it to
'billing\_code' or 'billing_code' (taking out one or both of the
backslashes) I get the table details.

It seems to me that the odbc driver is not handling underscores in the
table name correctly - perhaps a conflict with the driver and me having
turned on standard_conforming_strings in postgresql.conf?

Any thoughts?

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator