Re: BUG #3519: Postgres takes the wrong query plan resulting in performance issues

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Mouhamadou DIA <mdia(at)accovia(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3519: Postgres takes the wrong query plan resulting in performance issues
Date: 2007-08-06 18:32:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Mouhamadou DIA wrote:
> I've migrated to Postgres 8.2.4 and run the same query. It takes now 20
> seconds which is still not acceptable.

To help you with that, we'd need to see the EXPLAIN ANALYZE output of
the query, and the CREATE TABLE statements of the tables involved in the
query and their indexes.

Have you vacuumed and ANALYZEd your database recently?

PS. This is not a bug. Please don't use the bug reporting form for
classic performance issues.

--
Heikki Linnakangas