Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?

From: "Jignesh K(dot) Shah" <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Date: 2007-07-26 21:17:55
Lists: pgsql-performance

Will try 16 and 32 CLOGBUFFER tomorrow:

But here is locks data again with about increased time profiling (about
2 minutes) for the connection with about 2000 users:

bash-3.00# time ./4_lwlock_waits.d 13583
^C

Lock Id Mode Count
ProcArrayLock Shared 5
XidGenLock Exclusive 13
CLogControlLock Shared 14
XidGenLock Shared 15
CLogControlLock Exclusive 21
WALInsertLock Exclusive 77
WALWriteLock Exclusive 175
ProcArrayLock Exclusive 275

Lock Id Combined Time (ns)
XidGenLock 194966200
WALInsertLock 517955000
CLogControlLock 679665100
WALWriteLock 2838716200
ProcArrayLock 44181002600

Top Wait time seems to come from the following code path for
ProcArrayLock:

Lock Id Mode Count
ProcArrayLock Exclusive 21

Lock Id Combined Time (ns)