Re: public schema not prefixed / copy + paste adds newline

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: public schema not prefixed / copy + paste adds newline
Date: 2007-07-23 15:17:24
Lists: pgadmin-support
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> We have been discussing this before. I think there is a
> misunderstanding involved. The newline is not appended at paste time,
> it is appended in the text field in the edit grid BEFORE copying.
 >
> You can de-select the appended non-printing character in the text
> field in the edit grid before copying, which results in the desired
> behaviour.

Right - I see the problem. There's an extra 'char' on the end of the
line which can indeed be de-selected. That is actually RTF formatting
code (we use the RTF text boxes on Windows for large strings because
otherwise we get restricted to 64K or something silly).

The problem is though, that it remains the underlying controls that are
doing the copy and the paste operations so we still have no way in
pgAdmin to filter it out. You can actually test this by pasting using
the button to do it - that does use our code which ensures it pastes
plain text (thus losing the RTF cruft that causes the 'newline'. The
problem is that the controls don't allow us to override their paste
hotkeys - at least if they do, it needs some unusual foo that I've yet
to stumble across.

Regards, Dave.