computational question

From: tlharvey(at)alumni(dot)princeton(dot)edu (Tyrone)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: computational question
Date: 2002-11-01 17:42:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Novice user needs to calculate students' total points based on three
highest quiz scores.

Rows are students; columns represent quiz (and other) scores. I want
to know how to write a program that takes the three highest quiz
scores from [Q1], [Q2], [Q3], and [Q4]. I then simply need to average
those scores for each student.

Thanks.