Re: public schema not prefixed / copy + paste adds newline

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Kieran McCusker <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: public schema not prefixed / copy + paste adds newline
Date: 2007-07-19 14:53:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Kieran McCusker wrote:
> Hi
>
> Both these issues are also present in the 1.6 series :-
>
> public schema prefix not added to any scripts
> ===========================
>
> This exists in 1.6 as well, but if you have a login that is also the
> name of a schema and you edit a public anything using CREATE script then
> "public." is not added to the object. This means that when you execute
> the object is stored in your schema not public.
>
> So every time you use CREATE script you have to add set search_path to
> public first which is a bit tiresome and error prone.

This works for me - if you look at the database properties, what does it
report as your default database?

> Copy and paste from edit grid adds a newline
>
> If you double click on a text field in the grid and do ctrl-c then paste
> the result into another text field you get a newline on the end. My
> users do this all the time and I am constantly writing triggers to
> prevent this from happening.

Unfortunately this happens in the cases when the underlying control as
supplied by the OS handles the paste. I can reproduce it in Windows XP,
but it's a Microsoft control that's adding the \n :-(

Regards, Dave