DBI/DBD::Pg and transactions

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBI/DBD::Pg and transactions
Date: 2007-07-18 17:27:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hopefully the original post went astray and this isn't a duplicate. I
don't see it in the archive so I'll assume I have a bogus SMTP setup at
work for my home account.

I've tried the Pg docs, DBI book, and Google searches but haven't found
anything useful on this topic.

I realize this is more a DBI question so if there is a better place to
ask please point me towards it.

Without lots of details here is what I'm trying to determine.

Will a

$sth->execute()

of a "SELECT ... FOR UPDATE" statement allow me to update the selected
records using

$uth->execute( ... )

if $sth and $uth are both created/prepared from the same database handle
"$dbh"?

Thanks,
Rod