Re: Async Commit, v21 (now: v22)

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Async Commit, v21 (now: v22)
Date: 2007-07-18 15:44:39
Lists: pgsql-patches

Simon Riggs wrote:
> Here's the latest version. I've reviewed this to check that this does
> what I want it to do, re-written various comments and changed a few
> minor points in the code.
>
> I've also added a chunk to transam/README that describes the workings of
> the patch from a high level.
>
> Now ready for final review.

Just a couple of quick comments:

Having to call XLogBackgroundFlush(2) to flush the WAL up to the latest
async commit is a weird interface. How about passing a "bool force"
argument instead? Or adding another function "XLogFlushCommits".

walwriter.h is missing the

#ifndef XXXX_H
#define XXXX_H

boilerplate.