Re: pg_standby replication problem

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Khangelani Gama <kgama(at)argility(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pg_standby replication problem
Date: 2014-06-09 18:38:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Monday, June 09, 2014 08:05:41 PM Khangelani Gama wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I would like to re-post the problem we have. The secondary server ran out
> the disc space due the replication problem (Connection Time out).

The secondary server would not (could not) run out of drive space due to a
problem on the primary. You probably need to figure out why that server is out
of drive space and fix it, and then I expect your replication problem will fix
itself. If you do not have a process cleaning up old archived WAL files, and
those are stored on the secondary, that could be the source of your problem.

If you also have a separate networking issue (for the connection timeout),
then you might need to fix that, too.