Replace function question

From: Phillip Nelson <phillip(dot)nelson(at)ints(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replace function question
Date: 2007-07-12 18:14:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

In the following insert_oicc function I need to replace and embedded
ascii character back into a comma. The following code seems to work.
However, I need to do this same thing on another table that has 70
columns. I am wondering if there is a way to do this globally so I don't
have to type the replace function on every column name in the select.

Any help would be appreciated!

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION insert_oicc()
RETURNS void AS
$BODY$

BEGIN
BEGIN
INSERT INTO store (store_number, store_name, short_name)
SELECT lpad(storenum, 5, '0'), replace(name, '', ','),
replace(short_name, '', ',') FROM oicc_tmp WHERE storenum NOT IN
(SELECT store_number FROM store);
END;
END;

$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
ALTER FUNCTION insert_oicc() OWNER TO postgres;