Re: ReadRecord, EndRecPtr and XLOG_SWITCH

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Postgresql-Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: ReadRecord, EndRecPtr and XLOG_SWITCH
Date: 2007-07-09 22:34:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Florian G. Pflug wrote:
<snipped my own mail>

Please disregard - I was confusing xlogid with xlog segments, so
most of my mail was nonsense.

I've fixed my problem by storing not the EndRecPtr, but rather
the ReadRecPtr, in shmem and rereading the last already applied
record in my bgreplay process. Then I can just use ReadRecord(NULL),
and things Just Work.

Sorry for the noise & greetings
Florian Pflug