Re: dblink connection security

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dblink connection security
Date: 2007-07-08 17:44:04
Lists: pgsql-patches

Joe Conway wrote:
> I'm working on the back branch solution now.

Attached is for back-patching. I left in the SECURITY DEFINER functions
and dblink doc changes -- even though they may not do existing
installations much good, I think there will still be enough new 8.2.x
installations for a while to make it worthwhile. And even for older
branches, at least it gives us something handy to point to as a
workaround when people complain we broke their apps.

If there are no objections I'll commit this later today.

Thanks,

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
dblink-user-restrict.backpatch.01.diff text/x-patch 7.6 KB