Informix Schema -> PostgreSQL ?

From: Mark Fenbers <Mark(dot)Fenbers(at)noaa(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Informix Schema -> PostgreSQL ?
Date: 2007-07-03 16:22:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am an ex-Informix convert. Informix used the term "schema" to refer
to the SQL-format definition of how a table or view was created. E.g.,
CREATE TABLE john ( char(8) lid, ...); Some views we have are quite
complex (and not created by me) and I want to create a similar one in
Pg. If I could see the view in this SQL format, then I could use SQL to
create another one using this as a template.

pgadmin3 can show this definition in SQL format, but I can't use
pgadmin3 on a certain box. How can I show information in Pg (psql) the
way that Informix would show a schema?

BTW, what does PostgreSQL call this (what Informix calls a schema)??

Mark