Log query parameters for terminated execute

From: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>
Subject: Log query parameters for terminated execute
Date: 2018-06-23 19:54:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello all
We already have feature to logging query parameters. If we use log_statement = 'all' we write parameters before execution and all is fine here. If we use log_min_duration_statement statement is logged obviously after execution, but currently we have no parameters if query was terminated by statement_timeout, lock_timeout or by pg_terminate_backend.

I would like have parameters in logs at least for such three cases.

Simple way achieve this is just add errdetail_params to such ereport as in attached patch.
Another way is add something like printing global variable debug_query_string in send_message_to_server_log (src/backend/utils/error/elog.c). But i have no good idea how print ParamListInfo correctly. We can not use OidOutputFunctionCall in all cases, right?

Another small question is why errdetail_params uses errdetail instead errdetail_log? We assume that the user wants to get their own parameters back (if he set client_min_messages to LOG)?

Any feedback is strongly appreciated. Thank you!

regards, Sergei

Attachment Content-Type Size
naive_log_execute_parameters.patch text/x-diff 4.1 KB