Documentation of underlying functions for statistics views

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Documentation of underlying functions for statistics views
Date: 2012-04-28 21:24:36
Lists: pgsql-docs

Currently, some of the per-column entries in monitoring.sgml mention the
underlying stats function; but the coverage is incomplete, and it seems
very cluttering anyway. I propose that we remove all that and instead
just suggest that people examine the definition of the view if they want
to know the names of the underlying functions.