Re: Time for feature freeze

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time for feature freeze
Date: 2007-06-25 22:35:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> It's been a long while coming, but I think it's about time for feature
> freeze and testing now. Any objections?

Not at all. I just hope the beta period won't last too long.

> Assuming not, Guillaume; it would seem like a sensible time to update
> the translation catalogs and get the translators working again. Are you
> OK to handle that again?

Oh, yes, of course. I've done a stringextract && stringmerge tonight. We
currently have 17 published translations. They aren't all at 100% but
I'm sure we can achieve this. I will also try to get some new translators.

> One thing I will note; this freeze/testing period is likely to be quite
> relaxed in pace. There might yet be one or two changes to PostgreSQL
> that require changes in pgAdmin, and I will almost certainly need to
> tweak the pl/pgsql debugger as we need to reengineer the API slightly
> before we can release the PostgreSQL version of the plugin (we need to
> remove the support for EDB packages). I don't expect either of these to
> be major issues, or to have any real effect on translation statuses etc.
>
> Anyway, if we're all happy, we can see about producing an initial beta
> version in a couple of weeks.

It would be great. I'll try to get as much completed translation as
possible for the first beta.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.