Re: PgAgent fail to connect on Windows startup

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: christophe(dot)chauvet(at)aznetwork(dot)fr
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgAgent fail to connect on Windows startup
Date: 2007-06-25 20:19:50
Lists: pgadmin-support

Christophe Chauvet wrote:
> Hi Dave
>
> The only solution i see to beat this problem is to add a delay before connect to the PostgreSQL
> Database with a new option (for exemple -d).
>
> options
> -d <delay> Add delay (in second) before connect to the database.
>
> pgAgent INSTALL pgAgent -d 10 -u postgres ....
>
> What do you think about this ?

I expect to fix the problem properly in PostgreSQL tomorrow - I'm just
finishing off a patch to pg_ctl that implements the -w (wait) option in
pg_ctl when run in service mode. This will ensure that it doesn't report
the service as running until recovery has completed and connections are
possible.

Regards, Dave