Re: How do we create the releases?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: How do we create the releases?
Date: 2007-06-23 09:56:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 01:12:06PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Is this script in CVS somewhere? I know it's not in the main backend
>>> repo.
>> Most of what these scripts have done in the past has been systematized
>> and folded into the "make dist" target in the mean time, and AFAICT, we
>> could integrate the documentation preparation as well, now that it
>> works automatically in a reliable fashion. That would reduce the
>> answer to the original question to something like
>>
>> ./configure
>> make dist[check]
>
> If we can do that, that makes it even better. But is it something we can
> reasonably backpatch? Otherwise we still need both documentation and
> scripts to deal with back branches.

Marc, how's this coming? We still need this documented somewhere, if
it's not being put into CVS. And documenting what it is could be a good
starting point for somebody else to put it into the Makefile, if you
don't have the time to work on that part yourself.

But not having it documented *or* in the Makefile just sucks...

//Magnus