Accent insensitive search

From: Diego Manilla Suárez <diego(dot)manilla(at)xeridia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Accent insensitive search
Date: 2007-06-21 09:02:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi. I have a few databases created with UNICODE encoding, and I would
like to be able to search with accent insensitivity. There's something
in Oracle (NLS_COMP, NLS_SORT) and SQL Server (don't remember) to do
this, but I found nothing in PostgreSQL, just the 'to_ascii' function,
which AFAIK, doesn't work with UNICODE.

Thanks in advance.