Logging autovacuum activity

From: Ireneusz Pluta <ipluta(at)wp(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Logging autovacuum activity
Date: 2007-06-20 17:06:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

How can I make sure that autovacuum is running, beyond believing that all autovacuum_ settings in
postgresql.conf are set correctly?

In the 8.1 I could see:
LOG: autovacuum: processing database "test"
in the log.

But I can't find it in the 8.2.4.

I could see some developers discussions about making changes to logging autovacuum activity, however
could not track the discussion tight enough to find what the final solution is.

Thanks

Ireneusz Pluta