Re: Replication

From: Craig James <craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com>
To: Markus Schiltknecht <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication
Date: 2007-06-18 18:32:43
Lists: pgsql-performance

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> Not quite... there's still Postgres-R, see www.postgres-r.org And I'm
> continuously working on it, despite not having updated the website for
> almost a year now...
>
> I planned on releasing the next development snapshot together with 8.3,
> as that seems to be delayed, that seems realistic ;-)

Is Postgres-R the same thing as Slony-II? There's a lot of info and news around about Slony-II, but your web page doesn't seem to mention it.

While researching replication solutions, I had a heck of a time sorting out the dead or outdated web pages (like the stuff on gborg) from the active projects.

Either way, it's great to know you're working on it.

Craig