Re: Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column
Date: 2007-06-08 02:00:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> My "bank" is also "not a bank" (they say they are not "FDIC insured"
> which I think is the actual problem at hand). Do I have to be worried?

Depends what you use it for. If this is an online bank that you use
only for online transactions and you maintain a balance of say $800, you
probably don't have to worry. If on the other hand this is your only
bank and you have your life savings in there, you most definitely should
consider the risks to which you are exposing your finances.

--
Guy Rouillier