Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From: Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed
Date: 2007-06-05 15:13:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
> Hmmm, as a warning: "Booth Bunnies" has a dual meaning, one of which is
> rather derogatory towards female members of our community. I got shot
> in the foot by this one already; you should maybe use a different term.

Well I agree that its unfortunate to slip into language like this, but I
think even most female hackers would agree that "booth bunnies" are the
kind of people you hire to stand at your booth just for looks but with
no actual know how of the given product. These could just as well be
good looking men for products that could benefit from having good
looking guys around their booth.

regards,
Lukas