Re: dbt2 NOTPM numbers

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Markus Schiltknecht <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dbt2 NOTPM numbers
Date: 2007-06-04 20:22:35
Lists: pgsql-performance

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> There's clearly something wrong. The response times are ridiculously
>> high, they should be < 5 seconds (except for stock level transaction)
>> to pass a TPC-C test. I wonder if you built any indexes at all?
>
> Hm.. according to the output/5/db/plan0.out, all queries use index
> scans, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I still suspect there's something wrong with plans, I doubt you can get
that bad performance unless it's doing something really stupid. I'd
suggest setting log_min_duration_statement = 5000, and seeing what you
get. Also check pg_stat_user_table.seq_scan just to be extra sure
there's no seq scans.

--
Heikki Linnakangas