Re: warm standby server stops doingcheckpointsafterawhile

From: Frank Wittig <fw(at)weisshuhn(dot)de>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: warm standby server stops doingcheckpointsafterawhile
Date: 2007-06-04 15:23:55
Lists: pgsql-general

After some observation of massive reindexing of some hundred thousand
data sets it seems to me that the slave doesn't skip checkpoints
anymore. (Apart from those skipped because of the CheckpointTimeout thing)
I'll keep an eye on it and report back any news on the issue.

Thank you for the good work!

Regards,
Frank Wittig