Re: Postgres Benchmark Results

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PFC <lists(at)peufeu(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Arjen van der Meijden <acmmailing(at)tweakers(dot)net>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Benchmark Results
Date: 2007-06-02 19:44:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

PFC,

Thanks for doing those graphs. They've been used by Simon &Heikki, and
now me, to show our main issue with PostgreSQL performance: consistency.
That is, our median response time beats MySQL and even Oracle, but our
bottom 10% does not, and is in fact intolerably bad.

If you want us to credit you by your real name, let us know what it is.

Thanks!

--Josh Berkus