Re: warm standby server stops doing checkpointsafterawhile

From: Frank Wittig <fw(at)weisshuhn(dot)de>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: warm standby server stops doing checkpointsafterawhile
Date: 2007-06-01 13:51:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Simon,

> The attached patch should show which of these it is. I'll dress it up a
> little better so we have a debug option on this. Please note I've not
> tested this patch myself, so Frank if you don't mind me splatting
> something at you we'll see what we see.

I'll test that. I have an idea on how to trigger that problem on purpose
so I dont have to wait until it occures on its own.
Please feel free to let me go through any test you want to run. I really
need that WAL standby - so I will make any effort I can to help getting
it stable.

Greetings,
Frank Wittig