Re: Corruption of files in PostgreSQL

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Paolo Bizzarri <pibizza(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Corruption of files in PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-05-30 09:30:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Paolo Bizzarri wrote:
> We use postgres as a backend, and we are experimenting some corruption
> problems on openoffice files.

1. How are you storing these files?
2. What is the nature of the corruption?

> As our application is rather complex (it includes Zope as an
> application server, OpenOffice as a document server and as a client)
> we need some info on how to check that we are interacting correctly
> with Postgres.

Shouldn't matter.

> We are currently using:
>
> - PostgreSQL 7.4.8;

Well, you need to upgrade this - version 7.4.17 is the latest in the 7.4
series. You are missing 9 separate batches of bug and security fixes.

> - pyscopg 1.1.11;
> - Zope 2.7.x;
> - Openoffice 2.2.

None of this should matter really, unless there's some subtle bug in
psycopg causing corruption of data in-transit.

Let's get some details on the two questions above and see if there's a
pattern to your problems.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd