Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Date: 2020-01-04 20:56:41
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> writes:
> FWIW, I find it very surprising that it was possible for the test to
> fail on my workstation/server, without it failing on any buildfarm
> animals.

Yeah, there is still something unexplained about that. We've so far
failed to pin the blame on either readline version or environment
settings ... but what else could be causing you to get different
results?

For the record, I'm currently running around and trying the attached
(on top of latest HEAD, 60ab7c80b) on the various configurations
I have here. Could you confirm that it works, or doesn't, in your
environment --- and if it doesn't, what's the output?

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
unset-TERM-in-tab-completion-test.patch text/x-diff 1.6 KB