Re: the future of pljava development

From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas(at)tada(dot)se>
To: Marek Lewczuk <newsy(at)lewczuk(dot)com>
Cc: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the future of pljava development
Date: 2007-05-24 07:24:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
This sounds great. Sorry for not being responsive on the pgsql-general.
I'll read up on this thread during the weekend. Short term, this is what
I think needs to be done:

1. Create a PL/Java 1.4 from current CVS. It compiles and runs with
PostgreSQL 8.2.
2. Do whatever it takes to make PL/Java run with 8.3.
3. When 8.3 is released, verify that everything is really ok, then a 1.5
release should come out.

After that, there are improvements in the Java domain. We should support
Java 1.5 for instance. 1.4 is soon starting its End Of Life cycle.

Would you like to become committers to the PL/Java project?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren