Re: pg_get_tabledef

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: usama(dot)munir(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Cc: Naz Gassiep <naz(at)mira(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_get_tabledef
Date: 2007-05-21 16:20:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Usama Munir wrote:
> I think using pg_dump in some cases is a good option , but not all the
> time, having a function makes it much cleaner to use

That's why having a shared pgdump library as has been previously
mentioned is by far the best solution.

We have discussed this before, and factoring out this functionality into
a shared lib is what needs to be done. I'm not convinced it is as much
work as Tom suggests, but it is certainly a non-trivial task.

cheers

andrew