Re: updated WIP: arrays of composites

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: updated WIP: arrays of composites
Date: 2007-05-11 22:09:07
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

>> Then I think we need to work out a way to make pg_dump smart enough to
>> dump things in the right order.
>>

> That's not really the most preferable solution, I think, seeing that it
> still leaves the user with the problem of having to create the types in
> the right order to start with.

I'm not sure we can keep the _foo convention and avoid that. If we can't
find something sensible pretty quickly, I'd vote to revert the new name
mangling piece (but keep the typarray mapping column), deprecate the use
of the _foo convention, and abandon it next release. It would be a pity
though.

cheers

andrew