Re: Filetype registration on OS X

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, csomor(at)advancedconcepts(dot)ch
Subject: Re: Filetype registration on OS X
Date: 2007-05-11 11:01:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> you just need to change CFBundleTypeRole back from Node
> to Editor ;-)

Ahh, right - I knew we were exporting the filetype, didn't know that
change was require though.

>> pgAdmin3.app/Contents/MacOS/pgAdmin3 -q -f $FILE.sql
> On OSX, these things are handleded via apple events -
> Launch Services start the app, and then send some "file open"
> event. It seems as if wx already supports receiving this event:
> http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php/WxMac_Issues
>
> If this page is right, it's as easy as overriding
> virtual void wxApp::MacOpenFile(const wxString &fileName)

Oh - it's not documented in the wxWidgets class reference which might be
why I didn't find it :-(

Stefan; is there a reason for that, or is it simply oversight? Is there
any other funky stuff hidden away that might be useful?

Anyway, I've implemented this in SVN trunk - both Windows and Mac now
allow you to double click a .sql and have it open in pgAdmin's query
tool :-)

Thanks Florian.

Regards, Dave.