Re: R: Builds errors with 1.6.3 and wxWidgets 2.8.1 on Ubuntu

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: massimo_fidanza(at)alice(dot)it
Cc: "Jason L(dot) Buberel" <jason(at)buberel(dot)org>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: R: Builds errors with 1.6.3 and wxWidgets 2.8.1 on Ubuntu
Date: 2007-05-10 12:55:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

massimo_fidanza(at)alice(dot)it wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem. And I have a patch that solve it.
> The pgagent need to be linked with wx core library too.
> To apply the patch go into the pgadmin source folder and run
>
> patch -p0 < acinclude.m4.diff
>
> After that the bootstrap script need to be reexecuted
>
> sh bootstrap
>
> and the configure too
>
> ./configure
>
> You are done, now pgadmin will build without problem.

Yes, but pgAgent will be linked with half the GUI libraries on your
system :-(. To avoid that (which may or may not be important to you),
see the correct fix here:

http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=6129&view=rev

The changes in acinclude.m4 reverse the same fix that Massimo suggested,
which we did use for a short while.

Regards, Dave