Re: ODBC Upgrades

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Curtis, Annette M" <Annette_Curtis(at)urmc(dot)rochester(dot)edu>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC Upgrades
Date: 2007-05-08 07:47:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc

[Please keep replies on-list]

Curtis, Annette M wrote:
> Dave,
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI still shows the 8.0 driver
> even after uninstalling.

OK - in that case, please remove the PostgreSQL key as well as the
value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers\PostgreSQL

> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI does not register any of
> the drivers at all. (8.0 or 8.2)

As I said previously, it's not supposed to.

> When I install the 8.2 driver it shows in the local machine but not
> current user. Regardless of where it shows it is not available as a
> choice in the driver manager through DSN. See the picture below showing
> the 3 different folders that were registered. The first one was created
> with the 8.0 driver; the other two with the 8.2 driver. This picture is
> from the local machine directory which is not available in the driver
> manager DSN.
>

> Only by renaming this driver through safe mode from psqlodbc35w.dll back
> to psqlODBC.dll did it finally change the version number and allow me to
> see it in the drivers list. See picture.

Did you copy the DLL from the installation directory? We intentionally
don't install into C:\Windows\System32 any more to avoid possible
conflicts with other software that might have installed SSL or Kerberos
libraries. Please uninstall the 8.2 driver, and remove any registry
entries for it that might remain (there shouldn't be any, but if you've
moved files around, that installer database will no longer reflect
reality so it might not fully remove everything), then try reinstalling
using the default install location etc.

Regards, Dave.