Re: tutorial for starting development

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: sami jan <sami(dot)jan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tutorial for starting development
Date: 2007-05-07 17:33:23
Lists: pgadmin-support

sami jan a écrit :
> I wanted to write some code in pgAdminIII, just to learn the ropes,
> but I am not sure where to start. Does pgAdminIII have a how-to kind
> of document for newbies to its dev environment?

Not really. This link, http://www.pgadmin.org/download/source.php,
documents how to compile it. And this is the roadmap :
http://www.pgadmin.org/development/roadmap.php , and todo list :
http://www.pgadmin.org/development/todo.php .

> I have compiled and linked the code and have a debug executable. I am
> using VS.Net on WinXP
>
> For a start, how do you edit the widgets, is there a form designer?

I don't know of any form designer. You need to edit the xrc file
manually and I think you have to execute the embed-xrc.bat batch file
after your changes.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.