Re: ODBC Upgrades

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Curtis, Annette M" <Annette_Curtis(at)URMC(dot)Rochester(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC Upgrades
Date: 2007-05-04 14:56:10
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Curtis, Annette M wrote:
> Currently I have 08.00.0101 installed as PSQLODBC dated 03/05/2005.
> Whenever I attempt to use the MSI installation of any of the later
> versions this dll does not upgrade and nor does it install the latest
> version of the MSI either.

No, it will only upgrade from an early revision - ie. 08.00.0101 ->
08.00.0400. Uninstall the old driver first, and then install the new one.

> I am currently running PostgreSQL ver. 8.2.x which was just upgraded
> from 7.4.x this week. I was able to reload the entire client for PgAdmin
> and it works successfully.
>

> However, I am unable to update the ODBC file and currently have users
> who are unable to access there databases since I am unable to update the
> ODBC client from the MSI installation. The majority of the users are on
> WinXP a few are still on Win2K.

Why are they unable to connect? The driver is backwards compatible with
older servers, and the server is backward compatible with the older clients.

Regards, Dave.