Re: build environment

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe(at)eppesuigoccas(dot)homedns(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: build environment
Date: 2007-05-03 12:54:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have a simple question: what is/are the build environment used by
>> pgadmin developers? Windows? Solaris? Redhat? Suse? Debian? other?

I'm doing nightly builds on OSX 10.3 with wx 2.8.3, and I also sucessfully
built 1.6 on ubuntu edgy a few weeks ago.

Please post the output of "gcc --version" on your machine, and check
if you have any environment variables like
CC,CFLAGS,LDFLAGS,CXXFLAGS,CPPFLAGS,.. set in the shell where you
issue "configure" and "make". Please also add the exact arguments
to configure you used.

I'm beginning to suspect that some stray "-I<somedir>" options get passed
to gcc on your machine, and that it thereforce includes some wrong files.

As a crosscheck, please also try the changes to postgres.h (the one shipped
with the pgadmin sources, not some other postgres you might find in
/usr/include) that I suggested in the other thread.

In postgres.h, replace
#define YYTOKENTYPE
#define YYSTYPE int
with