Re: PG Books

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG Books
Date: 2007-05-01 08:10:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Paul Lambert a écrit :
> I've come across a couple of books on PG that appear interesting and was
> wondering if others have read them and what their thoughts are. (Excuse
> me if this topic has already been covered previously)
>
> Practical PostgreSQL - Command Prompt
> PostgreSQL - Bruce Momjian
>
> [...]
> Can anyone who has read the books let me know if you have found them to
> be valuable reference tools for someone who is relatively novice at PG
> (but not at databases in general) - Note: Praise from the books authors
> will be considered marginally bias and therefore untrustworthy :)

I've read both of them and found them really interesting 3 or 4 years
ago. Sadly, they are quite old ("PostgreSQL: Introduction and Concepts"
published in 2000, 2002 for "Practical PostgreSQL"). You may better look
at this list :
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/

"Beginning Databases with PostgreSQL" is a really good intro.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/