Re: Fwd: File systems linux !!!

From: Hannes Dorbath <light(at)theendofthetunnel(dot)de>
To: jose fuenmayor <jafn82(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: File systems linux !!!
Date: 2007-04-30 15:22:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

Excluding warehousing setups, where XFS might give some benefit, any
modern file system on Linux should perform OK. I'd use what I'm
comfortable with. In case your data set fits in RAM, it will stay in OS
buffers all the time anyway.

My choice is XFS, but I wouldn't recommend XFS to anyone unsure to what
FS to use. There is far to much someone new XFS can do wrong.

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath