Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared loc k ob ject

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Dorochevsky,Michel" <michel(dot)dorochevsky(at)softcon(dot)de>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared loc k ob ject
Date: 2007-04-23 12:14:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dorochevsky,Michel wrote:
>> Michel; I've uploaded an 8.2.3 postgres.exe to
>> http://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/postgres-8.2.3-debug.zip. This is
>> the same as the release version, but configured with --enable-debug
>> --enable-cassert, and patched with Tom's patch.
>>
>> Regards, Dave.
>
> Dave,
> Thanks a lot. You can download the results at
> www.dorochevsky.de/infos/postgresql-2007-04-23_130939.zip
> run with the debug version of postgres you provided.
>
> Hope this helps to clarify what is going on.

Thanks!

It looks like it's a relation-lock that's being lost. That's all I can
say :(.

Dave, could you do another build with LOCK_DEBUG enabled? Michel, could
you please add trace_locks=on to postgresql.conf, and run the test one
more time with the LOCK_DEBUG-enabled build. That should give us a much
better picture of what's happening. (be warned, it can generate a lot of
log...)

--
Heikki Linnakangas